Friday 8 August 2014

My so-called 'great ideas': posh holiday

Now, it shouldn't surprise anyone who has known me for more than five minutes that once I get a 'great idea' it tends to get stuck in my head.

Quite often these 'great' ideas turn out not even to be 'good' ideas.

Occasionally we even lapse into 'really, really bad idea' territory. For example, the time a friend and I built a raft that was too heavy to carry to water, or the time I bought 2 hamsters on a whim, and ended up with 50. Then repeated with rabbits.

Who could regret that face?

Anyway, to get back to the point at hand, my new 'really, really awesome' idea was that I want to go on an 'adults only' holiday.

Before you get on your high horse with the judging, I would like to state it is not that kind of adult holiday (get your mind out of the gutter). No, this is a Warner Leisure holiday, which I have been wanting to do since I was about 15.

In retrospect, the main reason I wanted to go was that I couldn't, being under the age limit at the time. Now I re-look at the adverts and realize that they are probably catering the the over 50's.



Nevertheless, it is booked, and I am dragging my long-suffering husband away in February to pretend to be posh with me in a castle.

My next job is to figure out how to act normal for an entire weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Speak your mind